Creating your own Rocket Industrial personal account has many benefits:
Although removing gloves may seem straightforward, there are some important steps to take to limit cross-contamination. Gloves are used to protect your skin, so it is vital to keep the contaminated side of the glove contained. Follow these steps to ensure proper removal.
1. Pinch the outer side of the glove near your wrist
2. Carefully pull the glove toward your fingertips, turning the glove inside out and off your hand
3. Hold the inside out glove in the palm of your gloved hand
4. Slip two fingers of your ungloved hand under the wrist of the other glove, not touching the outside of the glove
5. Again, carefully pull the glove toward your fingertips, turning the glove inside out and over the glove you are holding
6. Now both gloves will be inside out to contain contamination and removed from both of your hands
7. Lastly, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water or use hand sanitizer if not available
Additionally, follow these tips to eliminate cross-contamination:
• Do not touch surfaces, such as door handles, keyboards, and phones, with contaminated gloves
• Dispose of gloves in a proper collection container
• Do not touch your face or adjust PPE with contaminated gloves
• Change gloves when heavily soiled or torn
• Do not reuse disposable gloves
It's extremely important to make sure you're using the correct type of gloves for your setting and application. Learn more about choosing the right type of safety gloves or contact us for PPE guidance.